This article will cover how to perform a database restore. With this procedure you will know how to save a corrupted database, restoring the backup, or how to migrate from a local base to a server.
1. Open the SQL Management Studio;
2. Fill the server information, like name, authentication, user and password;
On the server name field, fill the instance data.
Select the Windows Authentication if you are using a local database or SQL Authentication if you already have a intalled server.
This field will be unlocked just if you select a SQL Authentication. Inform the user “sa”.
This field will be unlocked just if you select a SQL Authentication. Inform the password for the user “sa”.
3. Click “Connect”;
4. With the right button click on the base and select the option Restore a database;
A window will pop up with the following fields:
On this field, you define the file source of the database backup.
On this field, you define the file address of the backup. You have the possibility to create a new database or restore and restore it. You can also restore a backup over an existing database.
5. Select the option “Device” and click in the suspension points;
6. Click on add to inform the address of the backup archieve that you want to restore, after that, click OK;
7. Define the file destination and click OK;
Done! Now you know how to restore a database. Check out this article: how to do the Database backup to have security and control, and even to migrate a database from one server to another.