To be able to approach every subject under Electrical Schematics, such as inserting wires, components, contacts of a component, linking accessories, and others, in a neater way, we created a project to control the direct start of an engine.
Up to this point, you have worked exclusively with wires inside the sample project. On many instances, however, you will need to use multivia cables, especially when connecting to what will be external components (in the field).
Let’s use the reversing start you created in the previous exercise to apply the sample cable.
- Go to the Pages palette
- Open the group Electrical Schematic
- Double-click on the page 07-PARTIDA REVERSORA
- Select the wires between the terminals X1:5 and X1:8 and the engine M2
- Press Delete
- Open the Cable palette
- Locate the cable CONDUCAB > CABOS MANGA > CABO MANGA 5 VIAS
- Open the cable 5 X 24AWG
- Double-click on via 1
- Insert the via into the exit of terminal X1:5 and into the U input of the engine M2
- Name the cable “W1”
You will have inserted the first cable via.
The main difference between the cable and the wire comes next. To insert the other cable vias…
- Open the Custom palette
- Select the Cables folder
- Double-click on via 2
- Insert the via into the output of terminal X1:6 and into terminal V of the motor M2
- Do the same with via 3 and 4 of the motor.
Now the cable has been inserted into the project.