If you are experiencing any of the following behaviors, your blocks may be invalid:
- The block is not inserted and G-Electrical displays an “Error: Invalid block” message
- The inserted block looks different than its register
- Strange entities appear in the graphics area when you add a component to the project
- G-Electrical creates new page groups or inserts new pages on its own.
If a block is causing trouble, there are two possibilities:
- There are more layers than layer 0
- There are one or more blocks between the entities
G-Electrical manages the project blocks and manipulates pages through the project layers. Both situations mentioned above may lead to errors.
To correct that, it is necessary to remove any layers besides 0, as well as explode any block inside the register.
- On the GElectrical interface, right-click on any tab
It can even be on empty space, you just need to open the menu options
- Click on MAIN > Layers
To check for additional or frozen layers
- In the new tab displayed with the layers, check out if there is any layer besides 0 (zero) and if any layer is frozen
The block cannot have any frozen layers. If you find one, double-click on the ice icon next to the layer name to unfreeze it. To correct the block:
To avoid trouble with component representations or pages, you should maintain some patterns on your blocks, as seen above.